Cream Cheese Pumpkin Slices
* 1 package (16 ounce size) golden pound cake mix
* 2 eggs, divided
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 3/4 cup chopped nuts, divided
* 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
* 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 1 can (14 ounce size) sweetened condensed milk
* 2 egg whites
* 1 can (16 ounce size) pumpkin
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan;
In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 egg, butter, 1/2 cup nuts and 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice. Using pastry blender, mix until crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in
sweetened condensed milk, then remaining egg and egg whites, pumpkin, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup nuts on top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool.
Chill; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
This recipe for Cream Cheese Pumpkin Slices serves/makes 12.